Industrial hygiene or occupational hygiene, is the science and art devoted to the anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control of those environmental factors or stresses arising in or from the workplace that may cause sickness, impaired health, and well-being, or significant discomfort among workers – or among the citizens of the community.
EKG is a leader in this field and offers a full range of Industrial Hygiene services to its client partners. Our classically trained and experienced Industrial Hygienists use recognized methods and techniques to assess a wide variety of workplaces, offices and residential properties. EKG realizes that “a chain is only as strong as its weakest link”. In order to further maintain the high level of professionalism and reliability that our clients deserve and have come to expect, EKG uses American Industrial Hygiene Association (AIHA) accredited laboratories for analysis of collected samples.
EKG Industrial Hygiene Services include:
- Development of Industrial Hygiene Programs
- Industrial Hygiene Surveys for chemical contaminants (vapours, fumes, particulates, fibres)
- Office and Commercial Indoor Air Quality Surveys
- Noise Surveys, dosimetry and frequency assessments
- Vibration assessments and modeling
- Mould Assessments and remediation protocol development
- Ventilation assessment and design review
- Chemical and MSDS/SDS reviews
- Designated Substance Assessments (i.e. lead, asbestos, silica)
- SDS product development and reviews
- Professional Development Training on Industrial Hygiene topics