Our program is designed to provide participants with the knowledge required to be capable of educating in-house scissor lift operators to identify hazards properly, inspect and safely operate these devices.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test, and he / she must pass the practical skills evaluation. The practical skills evaluation must be performed at the worker’s place of employment.
Our course is designed in accordance with CSA B354.2 Self Propelled Elevating Work Platforms.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Explain applicable legislation
- Identify hazards specific to the operator
- Understand the working environment
- List devices and operating controls
- Perform pre-operational inspections
- Perform safe operating practices
- Identify fuel source hazards
- Recognize the need for fall protection
Upon completion of the theory portion of the program, a hands-on practical evaluation is required to complete the certification.
Course Duration and Requirements:
Course duration: 8 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.
1. This course requires the participant to have EKG's Adult Training Certification prior to this course or to provide proof of certification from another firm.
2. The participant must also demonstrate proof of a current Aerial Lift license with a minimum 1 year of experience to be considered as a participant in this program.