CONFINED SPACE ENTRY COURSE OVERVIEW
Our course is designed to provide an inhouse trainer with the knowledge required to educate workers on identifying the hazards associated with working safely in a confined space.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
Our course is designed in accordance with Ontario Regulation 632/05 Confined Spaces.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to provide awareness level training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Understand what constitutes a confined space
- Outline the elements of a confined space program (hazard assessment, entry plan, and entry permit)
- Explain the specific roles (entrant, standby observer, rescue/first aid) and their responsibilities
- Identify hazards, controls, and rescue requirements
- Understand the requirements of atmospheric testing and ventilation
- Be familiar with all reporting requirements and record retention
Course Duration and Requirements
Course duration: 4 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.