Our course is designed to provide an inhouse trainer with the knowledge required to educate workers on working safely at height on ladders. The course ensures the transfer of adequate knowledge to be able to assess the job, evaluate the hazards and where a portable ladder is needed use it safely.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
Our course is designed in accordance with CAN3-Z11-M81 Portable Ladders.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to provide awareness level training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- When working at heights requires a ladder or fall protection system
- Hazards associated with using a ladder
- Select the proper ladder for the job
- Inspecting a ladder
- Identify safe ladder setup and use
- Identify proper care, maintenance and storage of the ladder
Course Duration and Requirements
Course duration: 4 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.