Our course is designed to provide an inhouse trainer with the knowledge required to educate workers on identifying the hazards associated with uncontrolled energy and the proper methods of controlling that energy through a soundly developed and implemented lockout program.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
Our course is designed in accordance with CSA Z460 Control of Hazardous Energies and Z462 Workplace Electrical Safety.
Course Duration and Requirements
Course duration: 4 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to provide awareness level training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Explain lockout and associated definitions
- Identify hazardous energy control program elements
- Identify proper lockout devices
- List the steps to lockout
- Identify different lockout processes
- Recognize alternate hazardous energy control methods