RESPIRATORY FIT TESTING COURSE
Our course is designed to provide an inhouse fit tester with the knowledge required to conduct fit testing of in-house workers and educate them on proper fit, seal checks and selection.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
Our course is designed in accordance with CSA Z94.4-16.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to conduct fit testing for one or both methods (Quantitative and Qualitative) and provide instruction and training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Identify specific Roles and Responsibilities within a respiratory protection program
- Explain the process of hazard assessment for biological and chemical situations
- Understand respiratory hazards
- Identify different Types of Respirators and limitations of use
- Select the Appropriate Respirator
- Identify different Fit Testing methods and conduct fit testing using them (hands on)
- Explain end of service life and replacement times
- Explain, maintenance and storage requirements
Course Duration and Requirements
Course duration: 8 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.