Our course is designed to provide an inhouse trainer with the knowledge required to educate workers on the fundamental requirements of WHMIS2015 legislation, as well as providing a useful comprehension of the WHMIS system, classes, labels, MSDSs and common health effects.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
By the end of this course, participants will be able to provide awareness level training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Identify where WHMIS205 and WHMIS collide
- Discuss worker rights
- Recognize classes and hazard symbols
- Identify supplier and workplace label requirements
- Understand how to read Safety Data Sheets (formerly MSDS)
- Discuss exposure considerations and what they mean
- Discuss controls employers can use to protect workers
Course Duration and Requirements
Course duration: 4 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.