Industrial hygiene practices aim to recognize, evaluate and control workplace health and safety hazards. The participants of this course will be introduced to the key concepts of industrial hygiene. We follow this up with extensive hands on modules demonstrating a wide variety of industrial hygiene monitoring equipment and their effective use in assessing hazards in a workplace.
By taking this course, participants will greatly improve their skill-sets, be capable of undertaking some IH testing with confidence, and gain an greater insight into managing the external hygienist.
EKG also provides this course onsite for private groups. Final cost for private sessions is dependent on number of students, number of sessions, location, and timing.
What You'll Learn
- Learn about the concepts of anticipation, recognition, evaluation and control
- Understand Toxicology and its role in establishing legal limits and key terms
- Master those troublesome conversions and IH calculations
- Learn how to use a wide variety of equipment with confidence
- Understand and interpret what the results of an IH sampling assessment mean
- Highly energetic and dynamic learning environment
- Hands-on use of equipment
- Lots of real life stories, case studies and scenarios
- Develop knowledge, understanding and skills to take back and use
- Explore & understand when to use direct reading vs lab based sampling analysis
- Gain sufficient knowledge to better direct your external IH to get the maximum information from each study
- Walk away with knowledge that will greatly improve your depth in other topics such as WHMIS.