Our course is designed to provide in-house trainers with the knowledge needed to competently educate employees on how to work with portable ladders safely.
This course ensures your in house trainers know and can instruct, employees on how to assess each job that requires the use of a portable ladder, evaluate the related hazards, and determine the safest way to use the ladder given the job and risks.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
Our course is designed in accordance with CAN3-Z11-M81 Portable Ladders.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to provide awareness level training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- When working at heights requires a ladder or fall protection system
- Hazards associated with using a ladder
- Select the proper ladder for the job
- Inspecting a ladder
- Identify safe ladder setup and use
- Identify proper care, maintenance and storage of the ladder
Course Duration and Requirements
This 6 hour course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms on the same topic.