RESPIRATORY FIT TESTING COURSE
Our first of its kind program is designed to provide you with everything you need to understand in regards to respiratory protection in a dental practice. Understand why N95's are suitable, why KN95's are not . Learn how to perform respirator fit tests using qualitative methods whether they are 3M/Allegro and other leading providers. Become capable and confident in performing fit testing of in-house workers and educate them on proper fit, seal checks and selection through our industry leading hands on process.
The program involves a blended process of an online theory module (3 hours) followed by an in-person hands on appointment with one of EKG's experienced instructors at a regional location. Finally complete an online examination order to receive a certificate of competency. Our course is designed in accordance with CSA Z94.4 2018 Selection Use and Care of Respirators.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to conduct Qualitative fit tests using 2 different methods and provide instruction and training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Understand the use of respirators in a dental setting
- Explain the process of hazard assessment
- Identify different Types of Respirators and limitations of use
- N95's, and why KN95's are not acceptable
- Identify different Fit Testing methods and conduct fit testing using them (hands on)
- Understand the aerosol issue
- Explain end of service life and replacement times
- Explain, maintenance and storage requirements
Course Duration and Requirements
This program has a self paced 2-3 hour online theory followed by a 1.0 hour hands on practical session for qualitative fit testing.