RESPIRATORY FIT TESTING COURSE
Our course is designed to provide you with everything you need to understand in regards to respiratory protection in a dental practice. Understand why N95's are suitable, why KN95's should be avoided, and other forms of respiratory protection that are available to dentists. Learn how to perform respirator fit tests using various qualitative methods and learn where to get these fit test kits. Finally be capable and confident in performing fit testing of in-house workers and educate them on proper fit, seal checks and selection.
The program involves a blended process of an online theory module (3 hours) followed by an in-person hands on appointment with one of EKG's experienced instructors at a regional location. Finally complete an online examination order to receive a certificate of competency. Our course is designed in accordance with CSA Z94.4 2018
By the end of this course, participants will be able to conduct Qualitative fit testing using 2 different methods and provide instruction and training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Understand the use of respirators in a dental setting
- Explain the process of hazard assessment for biological and chemical situations
- Identify different Types of Respirators and limitations of use
- N95's, KN95's and alternative levels of protection
- Identify different Fit Testing methods and conduct fit testing using them (hands on)
- Be capable of sourcing out PPE in difficult times.
- Understand the aerosol issue
- Explain end of service life and replacement times
- Explain, maintenance and storage requirements
Course Duration and Requirements
This program has a 4 hour duration for qualitative fit testing.