RESPIRATORY FIT TESTING COURSE
Our course is designed to provide an inhouse fit tester with the knowledge required to conduct fit testing of in-house workers and educate them on proper fit, seal checks and selection.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
Our course is designed in accordance with CSA Z94.4-18.
This course is provided onsite for private groups. Final cost for private sessions is dependent on number of students, number of sessions, location, and timing.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to conduct fit testing for one or both methods (Quantitative and Qualitative) and provide instruction and training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Identify specific Roles and Responsibilities within a respiratory protection program
- Explain the process of hazard assessment for biological and chemical situations
- Understand respiratory hazards
- Identify different Types of Respirators and limitations of use
- Select the Appropriate Respirator
- Identify different Fit Testing methods and conduct fit testing using them (hands on)
- Explain end of service life and replacement times
- Explain, maintenance and storage requirements
Course Duration and Requirements
This program has a 4 hour duration for qualitative fit testing only and a 8 hour duration which also includes quantitative fit testing, and advanced respirators (SAR/SCBA devices).