Our course is designed to provide an inhouse trainer with the knowledge required to educate workers on the fundamental requirements of WHMIS2015 legislation, as well as providing a useful comprehension of the WHMIS system, classes, labels, MSDSs and common health effects.
In order to receive a certificate of competency, the participant must achieve a passing grade on the written in-class test
By the end of this course, participants will be able to provide awareness level training to in-house employees on the following topics:
- Identify where WHMIS205 and WHMIS collide
- Discuss worker rights
- Recognize classes and hazard symbols
- Identify supplier and workplace label requirements
- Understand how to read Safety Data Sheets (formerly MSDS)
- Discuss exposure considerations and what they mean
- Discuss controls employers can use to protect workers
Course Duration and Requirements
Course duration: 4 Hours
This course and program is designed around EKG’s own awareness training platforms and requires the participant to attend our pre-requisite Adult Learning Train the Trainer program.
This course is provided onsite for private groups. Final cost for private sessions is dependent on number of students, number of sessions, location, and timing.